Often I receive requests from authors, wanting me to add their book to our store, eager to learn ways to promote their book. The last thing an author wants is a garage full of their books! To save time answering authors one-by-one, I have spent a great deal of time writing out the careful explanation that follows, showing authors exactly how to have their book(s) added to our chain of stores and have also collected a list of resources that, I pray, will be a help and encouragement to you as an author.
Our store is supplied by 40+ distribution warehouses so the chances are you will find your book already listed in our store. If you see your book in our store, please check the description for accuracy. If you don't see your author bio, please send us one and we'll be happy to add it to your book listing. If your book cover is blurry, please supply me with a good photo and I will upload it to your book listing. Be sure to mention the ISBN number so I can easily find your book.
If you don't see your book listed in our store, number one, go back and make sure it's tagged as a "Christian" book, because we are a Christian bookstore, not a secular one. Contact your publisher if you don't know how to fix that label yourself. Mailing a copy of your book to me will not help, because we are not a brick and mortar store but strictly an online store.
To have your book added to our network of stores, you must ask your publisher to contact one of our distribution centers, asking them to add your book to DeeperCalling Media's database for Christian books. Then our distribution center will be able to mail your book directly to customers' doorsteps, saving you time and money fulfilling orders. Below are our three biggest distribution centers. The first two on the list have the most economical shipping options for customers.
Here's a great time-saver! My sister is currently in the process of publishing her second book. She took a great amount of time to research publishing companies and this is the one that came out on the top of her list.
As an author, you need to educate yourself. Here are some great resources to help you learn how to become a better writer and unlock the secrets to getting your book marketed:
* 365 Ways to Market Your Christian Book. Specific People, Places, Procedures by Bette E Filley
* Christian Writers Market Guide 2013 by Jerry B. Jenkins
* Faith-Based Marketing: The Guide to Reaching 140 Million Christian Customers by Bob Hutchins and Greg Stielstra
* Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World by Michael Hyatt (formerly CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers)
* You Can Market Your Book: All the Tools You Need To Sell Your Published Book by Carmen Leal
* Your Guide to Marketing Books in the Christian Marketplace, Second Edition by Sarah Bolme
A helpful, free guide to publishing your book—learn how to publish your book
* A Step in the Write Direction: The Complete How-To Book for Christian Writers by Donna Clark Goodrich
* Elements of Style by William Strunk & E. B. White
* How to Write a Book in 90 Days God's Way
* World's most accurate grammar checker. Corrects all grammar and punctuation errors instantly. Saves time and money on proofreading. Trusted by 3 million users.
Below are websites you should find of great help:
* 12 Tasks Every Author Should Tackle Before Publishing a Book
* 25 Things You Need to Know About Self-Publishing a Book
* Excellent tips on how to promote your book
* How To Edit Your Book in 4 Steps
* How to make life easy for librarians so your book gets in libraries
* How to select the right publisher
* Purdue Online Writing Lab
Our parent company, DeeperCalling Media is now giving away free online stores to charities, authors, churches, ministries, broadcasters, and CBA bookstores. If you would like to have an online store to sell your books, CDs and more, then visit our parent company's website here and ask for details. I do not personally have that information.
Hope this helps! Please sign up for our newsletter so we can stay in touch.
Helping you make a difference,
Redirecting the buying power of the Christian community back into the Kingdom of Christ!
440-941-1008 Mon.-Sat. 10am-10pm Eastern (Wed. 10am-5pm)
email@example.com - Available 24/7
Join us on Twitter
Connect with us on Facebook